Monday 24 March 2014

You'll Wear a Different Chain

I just used the word 'counterpoint' and now I have this stuck in my head. (I may have used it intentionally. Shhh!)

I don't know if any of you know this, but Les Mis is my core/default fandom setting. I first saw it when I was five. I listened to the soundtrack (on tape!) all the time. My glow bugs were all Les Mis characters (and boy was I choked when my mom got rid of them without my knowledge!) Like, hardcore, dyed-in-the-wool Mizzie. I own the new movie, but the closest I've come to watching it (I saw it opening night in the theatre and they almost had to drag me out of there seriously I had a complete breakdown) is to take the plastic off. I had the entire counterpoint memorized (I usually sang Valjean's part, and let me tell you, it sucks. Seriously. It has no melody. It's just shouting. Javert's has some actual notes and things.) I own a beautiful copy of The Brick that my ex (the same one who made me sing Valjean's part while she sang Javert's) carried around in her backpack until it was all tattered and eight years on I'm totally not still bitter. *ahem*

(In case anyone wants to know: I ship the fuck out of Javert/Valjean, and I'm most obsessed with Les Amis. I ship Enjolras/Grantaire even though I think it's a terrible relationship for both of them, but it's hot as hell and sooooooooooooo canon)

No comments:

Post a Comment