Saturday 15 March 2014

Animal Day

While at the zoo today, I found an eagle feather and saw a white Beefalo, both of which were really special for me--while I'm not (as far as I know) Native, I live in an area with a high Native population. 

Other highlights: 

- two bobcats grooming each other
- bats!
- foxes!
- lots of terrible puns 

Also went to the pet store to get crickets for the salamanders and pinkies for the snake...that particular pet store only sold pinkies in four-packs, which was kind of odd and annoying. The boxes of feeder mice and rats all had pictures of their contents for some reason...kind of creepy. I've had a garter snake for about five years, so feeding pinkies doesn't bother me too much, but I don't really want a picture of live mice on a box full of dead ones! 





No comments:

Post a Comment