Thursday 20 March 2014

Yay for Horse Time!

I got to see my horse today!

Because I don't have a car, I've been getting rides with my aunt, but usually only once a month to pay board...which is better than nothing, but still sucks. 

Lately I've been doing a lot of new things with my horse--mounting, trying on a bridle, even my riding helmet--and not spending a lot of time just hanging out with her like I used to. 

I felt really shitty about that after the last time I saw her, so I resolved that the next visit would (mostly) just be cuddles. I did try on a bridle--the one I bought was too small for my Shire mare'a massive head. I bought some dog collars to lengthen it, but it still doesn't really fit so I'll probably have to get an actual draft bridle...

My wife wasn't feeling well and didn't come out, so I couldn't ride even if I had planned to (we're still at the stage of her just leading our horse around with me on her back). 

I'm feeling a lot better, both because I saw my horse and because I worked on our bond today instead of just showing up and trying to hop on her back. 

I think I'm going to try and make cinnamon buns...

No comments:

Post a Comment