Thursday 24 April 2014

A-Z Challenge: U is for Underage Sex Toys

Okay, it sounds creepy based on my title, but I saw the opportunity to fill a letter and to perform one of my favourite rants:

Sex toys need to be available to people under 18.

How many (embarrassing, painful, costly, potentially fatal) trips to the emergency room could be avoided if people just had access to good quality, affordable insertables? I don't just mean for underage people, of course. Based on posts I've seen circulating about the contents of people's rectums, I think there's still a stigma attached to sex toys. Being able to order them online has, I'm sure, prevented a lot of mishaps...but again, while you can lie and click the "Yes I'm Over 18" button, chances are you won't have a credit card. You could steal your parents', but then there's the awkwardness of explaining what that discreet purchase actually was.

Without going into too much detail: yes, I personally could have really used a proper insertable before I was old enough to go into an adult store. I was comfortable enough to visit one as soon as I turned 18, but I knew bupkiss about what to get and it was years before I learned enough to select the right toy (silicone, silicone, silicone. I have very sensitive skin. To the point that I have to use baby shampoo. If anyone knows a Burt's Bee's quality shampoo for adult's sensitive scalps, I'd love to hear about it!)--and afford it.

TL;DR:

- sex toys need to be available to everyone and anyone, discreetly and affordably
- education about sex toys should be available to everyone and anyone. The 'condom on the banana' routine does not count
- no one wants to end up in an emergency room with a lightbulb up their ass (unless that's what you're into. Which is cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment