Friday 9 May 2014

Sounding!

I came across a post about sounding over on S. L. Danielson's blog (though the actual post is by Dakota Trace).

This post is NSFW. You have been warned.






Sounding or urethral sounding is the medical use of probes called sounds to increase the inner diameter of the urethra and to locate obstructions in it. Sounds are also used to stretch the urethra in order to receive piercing.
Urethral sounding and urethral play are also used to refer to this practice in a sexual context.
Urethral play can involve the introduction of either soft or rigid items into the meatus of the penis (as well as farther in). Objects such as sounds are usually only inserted about halfway into the glans and can usually be easily retrieved. Other toys and items, such as catheters, may be introduced deeper (in some cases even into the bladder). Some items may even be allowed to curl several times or expand within the bladder. This action in the male may be directly or indirectly associated with stimulation of the prostate gland and some types of bladder control.


Personally, I love sounding. My set are curved or Pratt sounds:


We originally got them for my wife, but it turned out that she didn't like them as much as I do. I haven't used them for a while, but I absolutely recommend sounding. It's a very different experience than getting a catheter (I've had both--catheters are not fun! I've done catheter play and I've had one in the hospital. 1/10 would not recommend!)

Unless you're into pain in that area (and it's okay if you are, as long as you're safe and careful), sounding should not hurt. That's right. A lot of people look at sounds and get scared off, thinking they'll be painful.

The trick with sounds is to NOT push them. At all. Once you have the tip in, just let gravity do its job and let the sound slide down the urethra. Pushing will just hurt; gravity will follow the curves naturally and without pain. Allow the weight of the sound to slide itself further in. You shouldn't force it, or you might tear some very delicate tissue and that would be very bad. Use lube.

Most people will tell you to use an autoclave to clean your sounds. It's excellent advice, but not very practical for most people (I saw one person recommend taking sounds to their local piercing shop or hospital and asking to use their autoclave! That wouldn't raise any awkward questions. Nope). I wash the sounds well with soap before and after each use, and I wipe them with hand sanitizer right before playing with them. I'm very prone to bladder infections, and I've never had any problems after using my sounds. For extra protection, the person doing the sounding can wear latex (or latex-free) examination gloves.

Be careful. If you don't know someone well, you might not want to let them use sounds on you, unless you have personally washed them and they meet your hygiene standards. The sounds, that is. But maybe the person, too.


There is a lot of information out there about how dangerous sounds can be, and I don't disagree. I've had bladder infections (not from sounding) and they massively suck. I can only imagine that things get exponentially worse from there as surgery and things get involved, never mind the shame factor. 

Sounding feels good. The first few times, of course, can have some ouchness as you get used to getting the sound in properly and things like that, but that's the same for most forms of penetration. A friend of ours mentioned that he likes sounding, but that it always burns when he pees for a few days. I seem to remember this the first few times, but it doesn't happen for me anymore, even when I go a long time between soundings. Now, the most I seem to get is a pleasant kind of pressure down there--kind of a mild ache,that doesn't really hurt, just reminds.

Sounding's not something I'd do every day, or even every week. But oh man. The feeling of being diddled with something in your bladder and your ass...now that's ownership. That's fullness. Even the sound alone is an amazing feeling, and it really requires you to let go, relax, and just be aware and go with it. It's like the next step after anal, for me, anyway.










No comments:

Post a Comment