Tuesday 17 October 2017

Countdown to My Zombie Wedding Release - Day One!



Any city is bound to collect restless dead. Armed with the notebook of Icelandic magic his ex boyfriend, Bone, gave him, Edward Grey has been tasked with removing troubled spirits or finding ways for the living and the dead to coexist in harmony. Between planning his wedding with his undead Canadian fiancĂ©, Kit Ward, and his continued studies as a medical student, Edward didn’t need another commitment, but he can’t turn away people who are frightened or in danger.

A particularly vicious ghost gives Edward an ominous warning—theyre coming—and a few days later Edward’s notebook is stolen from him. While he’s attempting to find it, he and his mentor, Mariel, are confronted by a very powerful necromancer and barely escape with their lives.

On the run, Edward is pursued everywhere he goes, until the necromancers following him manage to capture Kit.


Edward’s hunt for his kidnapped fiancĂ© will take him to the underworld and beyond.

Learn more about the Undead Canadian Series here.



The piece of music Edward can't remember the name of is Chopin's Nocturne No. 2 in E flat Major. I struggled a bit to come up with Edward's wedding music - I considered Victor's Piano Solo from The Corpse Bride (one of my favourite pieces of music) but my wife and I decided it was too sombre for a wedding - even Edward's wedding. We decided Chopin was the way to go, and Edward having a nocturne seemed perfect. I wanted Kit's wedding song to be modern, but still harmonious with Edward's music. My wife is a cellist and told me about several cello groups that play modern music. As soon as I saw "We Found Love" and looked at the lyrics, I knew that was the one! As for the other two pieces on this playlist - the Can-Can and In the Hall of the Mountain King...remember the last line of the blurb, about the underworld? I can't give away too much, but let's just say...they're related.








Subscribe to my mailing list for 25% off My Zombie Wedding

* indicates required









No comments:

Post a Comment